J.B. Hunt Transport Warehouse Technician II in Schertz, Texas
Warehouse Technician II
United States of America
Under routine supervision, this position is responsible for assisting in the maintenance of secure inventory storage and control of materials and into/out of the warehouse. Performs duties associated with storage, shipping, receiving, and physical counts of the assets to verify integrity. This position will operate equipment to assist with the movement of goods within the warehouse. Incumbent must be able to work any shift to satisfy the demand for flexibility of scheduling to ensure operational success. This includes, but is not limited to, day shifts, night shifts and weekend shifts.
• Prepare goods and materials to be shipped along with their corresponding packing slips; perform basic inventory maintenance
• Position lifting devices under, over, or around loaded pallets, skids, or boxes and securing material or products for transport to designated areas
• Ensure compliance with established internal control procedures (e.g. dock doors are locked, wheel chocks utilization)
• Process material stock requests, orders and returns using inventory and billing systems necessary for installation
• Operate Material Handling Equipment (MHE), such as forklifts, pallet jacks and handcarts, to load and unload vehicles; Move levers or controls that operate lifting devices, such as forklifts, lift beams with swivel-hooks, hoists, or elevating platforms, to load, unload, transport, or stack material within and outside designated areas
• Handle defective, discontinued or recalled goods; destroy returned goods as appropriate
• Perform check-ins and check-outs; verify order completeness and inspect for damage
• Review the daily processing of goods received as returns and the return of goods to vendors; ensure the timely and accurate processing of all returns
• Receive, issue and store supplies and equipment; processing customer turn-ins; inspecting, verifying and counting supplies and equipment for accuracy, overall condition and accountability
3 shifts available: 5:30-15:30, 8:00-18:00, 11:00-21:00 with rotating days off
Minimum Qualification: 18 years of age with up to 1 year of experience in a warehouse setting; ability to pass a background check and possession of a forklift certification required; must possess ability to work outdoors, in the elements, or across multiple shifts including nights and/or weekends if needed.
Preferred Qualification: 2-3 years experience with High School Diploma/GED, certified to drive a forklift and OSHA knowledge
Skills & Abilities:
Ability to fulfill physical requirements (lift/move appliance up to 100 pounds)
Ability to wear appropriate work attire (bump cap, footwear, gloves, safety vests)
Willingness to work flexible workdays and hours
Ability to multitask
Possess forklift certification
GED, High School
Job Opening ID:
00399485 Warehouse Technician II (Open)
“This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.”
J.B. Hunt Transport, Inc. affirms its belief in equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment in all terms and conditions of employment. J.B. Hunt is committed to both the spirit and the letter of affirmative action law and continues its good-faith efforts to comply with all applicable government laws and regulations. The company is committed to basing employment decisions on the principles of equal employment opportunity. J.B. Hunt will recruit, hire, compensate, offer benefits to, upgrade, train, layoff, terminate, and/or promote individuals without discrimination in regards to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a qualified individual with a disability, status as a protected veteran, or other bases by applicable law.
J.B. Hunt Transport, Inc. offers reasonable accommodation in the employment process for individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance in the application process due to a disability, you may request accommodation at any time by calling 1-800-777-4968.