J.B. Hunt Transport Accounts Receivable Representative I in Lowell, Arkansas
Job Opening ID:
00339922 Accounts Receivable Representative I (Open)
Accounts Receivable Representative I
United States of America
Under routine supervision, this position is responsible for managing the efficiency and accuracy of the application of all charges for invoicing purposes for accounts with lowest complexity. Identify and resolve issues regarding freight payment with the customer, (e.g., collections, variances).
• Accurate and timely invoicing.
• Network and build relationships with both JB Hunt employees and external customers by responding to inquiries and complaints regarding accessorial billing processes, notifications, billing issues, etc. and identify root cause and solutions to issues.
• Direct the application of customer payments to outstanding invoices.
• Manage receivables to include auditing, processing balance dues, and revenue adjustments.
• Obtain and investigate missing or incomplete documentation to meet customer billing requirements.
• Reach out to customer contacts for payment status.
• Reduce outstanding accounts receivables of assigned customers.
• Set up automated aging reports.
• Audit billed charges for validity.
• Work with internal teams to improve processes, discuss action plans, and/or contractual changes, and achieve organizational/department/team goals and objectives.
Minimum Qualification: High School Diploma or GED with 1-2 years combination of education, experience and training.
Preferred Qualification: Associates degree in Finance, Business Administration/Management, Communication, Transportation Logistics, or related field with 1-2 years of experience
Proficient computer skills
Ability to act professionally
Ability to communicate through writing effectively
Ability to communicate verbally effectively
Ability to quickly learn a new software system
Ability to manage multiple, competing priorities
Ability to multi-task
Ability to work as part of a team
Ability to pay attention to detail
Basic critical thinking skills
Basic organization skills
Basic time management skills.
Associates: Business Administration/Management, Associates: Business Communications, Associates: Finance, Associates: Transportation Logistics, GED (Required), High School (Required)
“This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.”
Fortune 500 experience. Career growth opportunities. Nationwide relocation possibilities.
These are just a few things you'll find at J.B. Hunt. Whether you have a passion for operations, sales, engineering or information technology, we can help jumpstart your career with challenging opportunities that will help you reach your maximum potential.
Why J.B. Hunt?
We take our investment in you seriously - our future success depends on you. Be an innovator with a leading transportation company and work alongside some of the brightest minds in the industry. At J.B. Hunt, we strongly believe in promoting from within based on performance and potential, the sky is the limit for your career.
What are we looking for?
We look for high-energy, forward-thinking individuals who are interested in a career with a leader in the transportation industry. We seek exceptional people of diverse backgrounds who have the vision to carry our business forward. J.B. Hunt offers a variety of opportunities spanning across the nation.