J.B. Hunt Transport Business Development Executive, Food Services in Chicago, Illinois
Job Opening ID:
00328824 Business Development Executive, Food Services (Open)
Business Development Executive, Food Services
Sales, Marketing & Product Management
United States of America
Under general supervision, this position is responsible for contacting prospective customers with transportation spend of $30 million and above. This includes meeting with executive decisions makes to discuss the DCS service offerings. This position is the primary owner of the account(s) to which it is aligned, and focuses on defining the opportunity strategy to sell to the customer
• Conduct lead generation activities for new and incremental business, including cold calling, networking and other opportunity prospecting methods.
• Meet with customers and prospective customers to discuss viable opportunities in an effort to understand their business needs, identify scope, submit a proposal, finalize the contract and win the business.
• Coordinate with internal teams and the customer to implement the customer's solution, including participation in kick-off.
• Perform various activities related to Opportunity Management and monitoring the health of the account which includes, but is not limited to, Customer KPI review, revenue quality monitoring, watching for additional opportunities, contract and pay terms review to ensure adherence to agreement.
• Visit prospective and existing customers at their corporate headquarters or other sites as needed. Requires ability to travel to customer sites up to 50%.
Minimum Qualification: Bachelor's Degree with 2-3 years of relevant experience, or 5+ years experience in sales, marketing, or similar.
Preferred Qualification: Bachelor's Degree with 5+ years of experience
Internal resource coordination to provide solution development
Negotiating and building contracts
Ability to develop sales plans that are future-oriented, support business strategy and reflect understanding of emerging, as well as existing, opportunities and markets
Ability and willingness to seek out work and the drive to accomplish goals
Ability to establish and maintain healthy working relationships with clients, vendors, and peers
Knowledge of the activities and responsibilities involved in selling a product or service
Ability to analyze customer activities, profiles and information
Understanding of the importance of meeting or exceeding established targets and ability to drive critical activities to completion.
Bachelors: Business Administration/Management (Required), Bachelors: Business Communications
Customer Service/Account Manager, Marketing, Sales, Transportation/Logistics
“This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.”
Fortune 500 experience. Career growth opportunities. Nationwide relocation possibilities.
These are just a few things you'll find at J.B. Hunt. Whether you have a passion for operations, sales, engineering or information technology, we can help jumpstart your career with challenging opportunities that will help you reach your maximum potential.
Why J.B. Hunt?
We take our investment in you seriously - our future success depends on you. Be an innovator with a leading transportation company and work alongside some of the brightest minds in the industry. At J.B. Hunt, we strongly believe in promoting from within based on performance and potential, the sky is the limit for your career.
What are we looking for?
We look for high-energy, forward-thinking individuals who are interested in a career with a leader in the transportation industry. We seek exceptional people of diverse backgrounds who have the vision to carry our business forward. J.B. Hunt offers a variety of opportunities spanning across the nation.