J.B. Hunt Transport College, Business Development Representative in San Diego, California
Job Opening ID:
00344376 College, Business Development Representative (Evergreen) (Open)
College, Business Development Representative
Sales, Marketing & Product Management
United States of America
In applying for this position, you will be considered for a Business Development Representative role in the West Region (Ca, NV, UT, CO, AZ, NM) supporting our Brokerage business segment, known as Integrated Capacity Solutions.
Under routine supervision, the position is responsible for aggressively marketing the J.B. Hunt brand to develop new accounts and secure an established customer base. Responsible for the solicitation of business from new customers to build business volume according to the business needs. The Incumbent will evaluate a customer's current transportation requirements, e.g., existing service, mode, lanes, budget, and propose a custom transportation solution from JBHT's product offerings. Accounts are typically low-level in terms of revenue, demand, volume and/or complexity
• Conduct lead generation activities for new and incremental business, including cold calling, networking and other opportunity prospecting methods.
• Meet with customers and prospective customers to discuss viable opportunities in an effort to understand their business needs, identify scope, submit a proposal, finalize the contract and win the business.
• Coordinate with internal teams and the customer to implement the customer's solution, including participation in kick-off.
• Perform various activities related to Opportunity Management and monitoring the health of the account which includes, but is not limited to, Customer KPI review, revenue quality monitoring, watching for additional opportunities, contract and pay terms review to ensure adherence to agreement.
• Visit prospective and existing customers at their corporate headquarters or other sites as needed. Requires ability to travel to customer sites up to 50%.
• High School Diploma/GED with 1-2 years of sales or customer service experience.
• To be considered for this role, the ideal candidate has been invited to apply or viewed this opportunity through their school portal.
• Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Communication, Public Relations, Business Administration/Management, Supply Chain Management, and/or related field with 1-2 years of experience
• Ability to communicate effectively over the phone
• Basic time-management skills
• Experience in transportation
• Ability to multitask
• Experience in sales
• Ability and willingness to seek out work and the drive to accomplish goals
• Ability to establish and maintain healthy working relationships with clients, vendors, and peers
• Knowledge of the activities and responsibilities involved in selling a product or service
• Ability to analyze customer activities, profiles and information
• Understanding of the importance of meeting or exceeding established targets and ability to drive critical activities to completion.
Bachelors: Business Administration/Management, Bachelors: Business Communications, Bachelors: Marketing, Bachelors: Public Relations, Bachelors: Supply Chain Management, GED (Required), High School (Required)
Customer Service/Account Manager, Sales
“This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.”
Fortune 500 experience. Career growth opportunities. Nationwide relocation possibilities.
These are just a few things you'll find at J.B. Hunt. Whether you have a passion for operations, sales, engineering or information technology, we can help jumpstart your career with challenging opportunities that will help you reach your maximum potential.
Why J.B. Hunt?
We take our investment in you seriously - our future success depends on you. Be an innovator with a leading transportation company and work alongside some of the brightest minds in the industry. At J.B. Hunt, we strongly believe in promoting from within based on performance and potential, the sky is the limit for your career.
What are we looking for?
We look for high-energy, forward-thinking individuals who are interested in a career with a leader in the transportation industry. We seek exceptional people of diverse backgrounds who have the vision to carry our business forward. J.B. Hunt offers a variety of opportunities spanning across the nation.