J.B. Hunt Transport Administrative Assistant in Myrtle, Mississippi
Myrtle, MS - 1139 County Rd 67
Administration, Facilities & Secretarial
United States of America
Under close supervision, this position provides administrative support and coordinates activities for a department or group of professionals.
• Act as a liaison and interface with employees at all levels, other departments, customers and outside agencies.
• Assist management or professional staff with the completion of their duties, including reporting, filing, researching, and project support.
• Complete a variety of administrative projects and tasks using diverse software applications (Payroll, Workday).
• Develop reports, memos, letters, etc., and compose, critique and edit correspondence.
• Handle all incoming communications such as answering and screening calls, taking messages and answering routine questions, including attending to letters, emails, and visitors when necessary.
• Maintain computer files and logs for presentation materials, memos, letters, and reports.
• Respond to or follow up on inquiries regarding the customer's policies and procedures.
• Maintain schedule of events and/or deliveries.
• Prepare for new hires' first day by ordering all assets, submitting requests for security setup, handling training schedule, etc.
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent with up to 1 year of professional experience.
Experience in an administrative role
Ability to type quickly and accurately
Computer skills with Microsoft programs
Data entry experience
Experience prioritizing and coordinating schedules
Experience working in a fast-paced environment
GED (Required), High School (Required)
Business Administration, Clerical/Administrative, Communications
Job Opening ID:
00422438 Administrative Assistant (Open)
“This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by
employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive
inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.”
Posted 4 Days Ago
Fortune 500 experience. Career advancement. Nationwide relocation possibilities.
Headquartered in Northwest Arkansas, J.B. Hunt is a dominate force in transportation and logistics industry, offering exciting career opportunities both at corporate and at field locations across the country. There are a variety of job types that support our business, so no matter your passion, J.B. Hunt is the place to jumpstart your career.
Why J.B. Hunt?
J.B. Hunt is a leading transportation and logistics company for one simple reason – our people. The career possibilities and benefits of working at J.B. Hunt are endless. From competitive salary and benefits packages, to defined career paths and growth opportunities, we take care of our people and take great pride in our efforts to build and sustain an inclusive workplace for all employees.
What are we looking for?
J.B. Hunt welcomes high-energy, forward-thinking people of all backgrounds and experience levels to join our team. We offer full-time, entry level, professional and management opportunities across all departments. Whether you are fresh out of school or bring years of industry experience, a role at J.B. Hunt could take your career to the next level.
J.B. Hunt Transport, Inc. affirms its belief in equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment in all terms and conditions of employment. J.B. Hunt is committed to both the spirit and the letter of affirmative action law and continues its good-faith efforts to comply with all applicable government laws and regulations. The company is committed to basing employment decisions on the principles of equal employment opportunity. J.B. Hunt will recruit, hire, compensate, offer benefits to, upgrade, train, layoff, terminate, and/or promote individuals without discrimination in regards to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a qualified individual with a disability, status as a protected veteran, or other bases by applicable law.
J.B. Hunt Transport, Inc. offers reasonable accommodation in the employment process for individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance in the application process due to a disability, you may request accommodation at any time by calling 1-800-777-4968.