J.B. Hunt Transport Logistics Solutions Representative in Mobile, Alabama
Job Opening ID:
00262602 Logistics Solutions Representative (Open)
Logistics Solutions Representative
United States of America
Job Description Summary:
ICS - The Time to ACT is Now!
How about putting your foot into the door of the fastest growing business unit in J.B. Hunt? Integrated Capacity Solutions (ICS), our Third Party Logistics & Brokerage business segment, has grown exponentially since its inception in 2007. From 18 people and $42 million in revenue to 600 people and $718 million in revenue, we're not slowing down!
The three pillars of success for ICS are Accountability, Commitment, and Teamwork. We believe these three values distinguish us from our competitors.
As a brokerage, ICS is very familiar with supply and demand. And as with any brokerage, for ICS, there is supply on one side and demand on the other, with the broker making money on the margin in the middle. For ICS, the supply side represents the shipments of freight of our customers. The demand side represents the 30,000 partner transportation companies with whom we currently work. So, for example, consider a shipment of freight from Dallas, TX to Philadelphia, PA. Our customer has agreed to pay us $2,000 for the safe, on-time pick-up and delivery of the freight. So where would you come in?
As a Logistics Sales Coordinator, you aggressively market the J.B. Hunt brand to develop and secure an established carrier base to build capacity and adequate coverage according to the strategic plan. The position purchases transportation services by qualifying potential contractors and finalizing agreements. The position also solicits business from new and existing customers to build business volume according to the business plan. Freight booking & sales are required to meet margin and volume goals as outlined in the branch budget.
· Market, service and promote JBHT's transportation products and services.
· Develop and manage a network of outside carriers to move freight in the most profitable manner.
· Negotiate rates with carriers to meet margin requirements and ensure maximum profitability.
· Meet or exceed required margin and revenue goals for their assigned branch.
· Ensure customer satisfaction and adequate service levels where freight is picked up and delivered using safe, reliable carriers.
· Build freight volume from existing customers.
· Establish and maintain a book of regular business.
· Maintain and build effective relationships with customers and carriers.
· Solicit new sales by developing leads and cold calling potential customers.
· Position requires full time attendance
· Two or Four-year degree or at least 12 months comparable office experience and/or training.
· Excellent analytical skills with the ability to manage multiple projects with a sense of urgency.
· Must be willing to be on call, periodically, after normal business hours.
· Must have the ability to deal effectively and tactfully with customers and employees and make decisions in a timely, professional manner.
Fortune 500 experience. Career Development. Nation-wide opportunities. We are J.B. Hunt.
Our success comes from strategically placing you in the most suitable role. Whether you have a passion for operations, sales, engineering, or information technology, we can jump start your career!
J.B. Hunt Transport, Inc. is no stranger to the transportation logistics industry. From our humble beginnings in 1961, with only five tractors and seven refrigerated trailers, we have evolved into one of the largest transportation logistics companies in North America. We provide safe and reliable transportation services throughout the United States, Canada and Mexico. Our four business segments (Intermodal, Dedicated Contract Services, Truckload, and Integrated Capacity Solutions) allow us to provide customized freight solutions for customers big and small. It's no wonder we have been named one of America's Most Admired Companies by Fortune Magazine.
J.B. Hunt Transport, Inc. is committed to basing employment decisions on the principles of equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, persons with disabilities, protected veterans or other bases by applicable law.
Fortune 500 experience. Career growth opportunities. Nationwide relocation possibilities.
These are just a few things you'll find at J.B. Hunt. Whether you have a passion for operations, sales, engineering or information technology, we can help jumpstart your career with challenging opportunities that will help you reach your maximum potential.
Why J.B. Hunt?
We take our investment in you seriously - our future success depends on you. Be an innovator with a leading transportation company and work alongside some of the brightest minds in the industry. At J.B. Hunt, we strongly believe in promoting from within based on performance and potential, the sky is the limit for your career.
What are we looking for?
We look for high-energy, forward-thinking individuals who are interested in a career with a leader in the transportation industry. We seek exceptional people of diverse backgrounds who have the vision to carry our business forward. J.B. Hunt offers a variety of opportunities spanning across the nation.