J.B. Hunt Transport Dispatcher in McDonough, Georgia
Job Opening ID:
00320659 Dispatcher (Open)
United States of America
Job Description Summary:
Final Mile Services specializes in professional and cost effective final mile deliveries throughout the United States. With over 100 distribution centers nationwide and 1 million square feet of warehouse space, we are able to provide commercial, business to business and home delivery services. Our solutions range from jobs site deliveries for construction and remodeling projects to retail and home deliveries including appliances, furniture, mattresses and many other products. Our network is growing and we are flexible to fit every client’s need.
The Transportation Dispatcher is responsible for dispatching routes and drivers in compliance with DOT rules and regulations.
· Dispatches and monitors the movements of customer's freight. Daily communications are customarily done via wireless tablets and/or cell phones, other interactive electronic devices or face to face.
· Duties customarily involved in all aspects of pickups and deliveries and tracks shipments from inception through completion
· In charge of resolving any issues that may affect the scheduled times for pickup or delivery. These problems normally include mechanical problems with trucks, delays due to traffic or weather challenges or changes requested by the customer regarding times or locations
· Record incoming and outgoing calls and notes what actions were taken. Records are also generally kept that reflect information on the vehicles, freight charge bills, and estimated times of arrival.
· Update changes in direction, destinations, freight or other factors are regularly recorded. If any mishaps occur or if there is an issue with a shipper or customer, these records may be useful in the resolution process.
· High School or Associate's degree or Military Pay Grade of E1 - E4
· Ability to manage several tasks simultaneously.
· Keen orientation to detail.
· Excellent organization skills and logical thinking.
· Strong verbal and written communications skills.
· Strong computer skills.
· Excellent follow through on daily tasks and projects.
· Knowledge of D.O.T. regulations "Is a plus
· Related experience is a plus!
Monday - Friday
9 AM - 6 PM
Communication, Creativity (JBH Rating Scale), Customer Service, Working with Others
Fortune 500 experience. Career Development. Nation-wide opportunities. We are J.B. Hunt.
Our success comes from strategically placing you in the most suitable role. Whether you have a passion for operations, sales, engineering, or information technology, we can jump start your career!
J.B. Hunt Transport, Inc. is no stranger to the transportation logistics industry. From our humble beginnings in 1961, with only five tractors and seven refrigerated trailers, we have evolved into one of the largest transportation logistics companies in North America. We provide safe and reliable transportation services throughout the United States, Canada and Mexico. Our four business segments (Intermodal, Dedicated Contract Services, Truckload, and Integrated Capacity Solutions) allow us to provide customized freight solutions for customers big and small. It's no wonder we have been named one of America's Most Admired Companies by Fortune Magazine.
J.B. Hunt Transport, Inc. is committed to basing employment decisions on the principles of equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, persons with disabilities, protected veterans or other bases by applicable law.
“This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.”
Fortune 500 experience. Career growth opportunities. Nationwide relocation possibilities.
These are just a few things you'll find at J.B. Hunt. Whether you have a passion for operations, sales, engineering or information technology, we can help jumpstart your career with challenging opportunities that will help you reach your maximum potential.
Why J.B. Hunt?
We take our investment in you seriously - our future success depends on you. Be an innovator with a leading transportation company and work alongside some of the brightest minds in the industry. At J.B. Hunt, we strongly believe in promoting from within based on performance and potential, the sky is the limit for your career.
What are we looking for?
We look for high-energy, forward-thinking individuals who are interested in a career with a leader in the transportation industry. We seek exceptional people of diverse backgrounds who have the vision to carry our business forward. J.B. Hunt offers a variety of opportunities spanning across the nation.