J.B. Hunt Transport Software Engineer III in Lowell, Arkansas
Software Engineer III
IT, Telecom & Internet
United States of America
• Helps lead development efforts in an Agile development environment, daily stand-ups, sprint planning, backlog grooming, retrospectives, and sprint demos
• Implements web designs that are asynchronous, responsive, and provide a rich user experience
• Develops and implements new features that meet J.B. Hunt’s standards in performance, reliability, and maintainability
• Develops and implements new services/applications that meet J.B. Hunt’s standards in performance, reliability, and maintainability
• Troubleshoots and solves production issues related to performance and reliability throughout the software stack with assistance from other team members
• Performs application debugging using their IDE of choice; unit testing using architecture standards; and documentation of current or future work tasks with a visual modeling application and/or an integrated README
• Helps lead team members in the execution and release of builds using continuous integration and deployment using our current CI/CD applications and processes.
• Help lead analysis and design tasks with the Agile team using software development lifecycle concepts
• Works within a collaborative environment and contributes to team goals by offering open and honest communication and helping to meet deadlines
Experience in leading teams and influencing product direction/product ownership is also desired.
Bachelors: Computer and Information Science (Required), Bachelors: Computer Engineering (Required), Bachelors: Information Technology (Required), Bachelors: Management Information Systems (Required)
Engineering, Software Development
Job Opening ID:
00377907 Software Engineer III (Open)
“This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.”
Fortune 500 experience. Career growth opportunities. Nationwide relocation possibilities.
These are just a few things you'll find at J.B. Hunt. Whether you have a passion for operations, sales, engineering or information technology, we can help jumpstart your career with challenging opportunities that will help you reach your maximum potential.
Why J.B. Hunt?
We take our investment in you seriously - our future success depends on you. Be an innovator with a leading transportation company and work alongside some of the brightest minds in the industry. At J.B. Hunt, we strongly believe in promoting from within based on performance and potential, the sky is the limit for your career.
What are we looking for?
We look for high-energy, forward-thinking individuals who are interested in a career with a leader in the transportation industry. We seek exceptional people of diverse backgrounds who have the vision to carry our business forward. J.B. Hunt offers a variety of opportunities spanning across the nation.
J.B. Hunt Transport, Inc. affirms its belief in equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment in all terms and conditions of employment. J.B. Hunt is committed to both the spirit and the letter of affirmative action law and continues its good-faith efforts to comply with all applicable government laws and regulations. The company is committed to basing employment decisions on the principles of equal employment opportunity. J.B. Hunt will recruit, hire, compensate, offer benefits to, upgrade, train, layoff, terminate, and/or promote individuals without discrimination in regards to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a qualified individual with a disability, status as a protected veteran, or other bases by applicable law.
J.B. Hunt Transport, Inc. offers reasonable accommodation in the employment process for individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance in the application process due to a disability, you may request accommodation at any time by calling 1-800-777-4968.