J.B. Hunt Transport Software Engineer II in Lowell, Arkansas
Software Engineer II
IT, Telecom & Internet
United States of America
J.B. Hunt is building an entirely new platform to enable their internal and external potential. The position will be responsible for development tasks assigned during the Agile sprint. This position programs, develops and implements new features, and supports critical web applications' layer architecture and various back end systems supporting the platform and other digital initiatives. The position also spends a portion of their time learning J.B. Hunt's technologies and business processes.
• Participates in development efforts in an Agile development environment, daily stand ups, sprint planning, backlog grooming, retrospectives, and sprint demos • Implements web designs that are asynchronous, responsive, and provide a rich user experience
• Develops and implements new features that meet J.B. Hunt’s standards in performance, reliability, and maintainability • Develops and implements new services/applications that meet J.B. Hunt’s standards in performance, reliability, and maintainability
• Troubleshoots and solves production issues related to performance and reliability throughout the software stack with assistance from other team members
• Performs application debugging using their IDE of choice; unit testing using architecture standards; and documentation of current or future work tasks with a visual modeling application and/or an integrated README
• Executes and releases builds using continuous integration and deployment using our current CI/CD applications and processes.
• Participates in analysis and design tasks with the Agile team using software development lifecycle concepts • Works within a collaborative environment and contributes to team goals by offering open and honest communication and helping to meet deadlines
Bachelors degree in Computer Information Systems or Computer Science, Engineering, Technology or related field, or foreign equivalent, or suitable combination of education, experience and training; plus 2 years of experience in Software Development or Computer Engineering or related field using technologies such as: Java (J2EE), Java Script, Webservices (SOAP or REST), Spring, Tomcat, SQL, Eclipse, IDEA Intellij, C#, Python, HTML, Angular JS/Angular 2, EXT JS, Android, or iOS.
Bachelors: Computer and Information Science (Required), Bachelors: Computer Engineering (Required), Bachelors: Information Technology (Required), Bachelors: Management Information Systems (Required)
Engineering, Software Development
Job Opening ID:
00396832 Software Engineer II (Open)
“This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.”
Fortune 500 experience. Career advancement. Nationwide relocation possibilities.
Headquartered in Northwest Arkansas, J.B. Hunt is a dominate force in transportation and logistics industry, offering exciting career opportunities both at corporate and at field locations across the country. There are a variety of job types that support our business, so no matter your passion, J.B. Hunt is the place to jumpstart your career.
Why J.B. Hunt?
J.B. Hunt is a leading transportation and logistics company for one simple reason – our people. The career possibilities and benefits of working at J.B. Hunt are endless. From competitive salary and benefits packages, to defined career paths and growth opportunities, we take care of our people and take great pride in our efforts to build and sustain an inclusive workplace for all employees.
What are we looking for?
J.B. Hunt welcomes high-energy, forward-thinking people of all backgrounds and experience levels to join our team. We offer full-time, entry level, professional and management opportunities across all departments. Whether you are fresh out of school or bring years of industry experience, a role at J.B. Hunt could take your career to the next level.
J.B. Hunt Transport, Inc. affirms its belief in equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment in all terms and conditions of employment. J.B. Hunt is committed to both the spirit and the letter of affirmative action law and continues its good-faith efforts to comply with all applicable government laws and regulations. The company is committed to basing employment decisions on the principles of equal employment opportunity. J.B. Hunt will recruit, hire, compensate, offer benefits to, upgrade, train, layoff, terminate, and/or promote individuals without discrimination in regards to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a qualified individual with a disability, status as a protected veteran, or other bases by applicable law.
J.B. Hunt Transport, Inc. offers reasonable accommodation in the employment process for individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance in the application process due to a disability, you may request accommodation at any time by calling 1-800-777-4968.