J.B. Hunt Transport Regional Equipment Manager I in Lowell, Arkansas
Job Opening ID:
00339675 Regional Equipment Manager I (Open)
Regional Equipment Manager I
United States of America
Under general supervision, the Regional Equipment Manager is the liaison between Customer Experience and Operations. Responsible for maintaining and monitoring equipment pools to manage available capacity to ensure excellent and timely customer service. Analyze equipment needs to ensure utilization of company and non-company assets are met for all parties involved
• Monitor allocations and customer compliance and get to main root cause when not met.
• Maintain and monitor equipment pools for both J.B. Hunt and/or non-company equipment. Ensure trailer and/or container pool utilization through various systems and calling shippers and receivers to validate availability and help fleet managers and drivers locate equipment so each has an assignment at all times.
• Act as point of contact with sales and other internal teams regarding potential new business, maintaining existing J.B. Hunt business, and increase volume opportunities.
• Understand the customers in assigned markets and their flexibility/service requirements to prioritize service based on customer requirement, profitability, and visibility.
• Manage available capacity to match freight volume.
• Coordinate with Customer Experience Reps and/or appointment team on resetting freight based on rail and/or truck updates, missed appointments, etc. to protect service.
- High School Diploma/GED with 1-2 years of experience in the Transportation/Logistics industry.
Bachelors Degree or 3-4 years of experience in the Transportation/Logistics industry
Ability to focus activities on developing and maintaining positive customer relationships
Proven experience in establishing and maintain healthy working relationships with clients, vendors, and peers
Experience in fostering strong customer relationships via delivery on commitments, open communication, and on-going feedback/improvement
Ability to measure the quality and quantity of work effort for the purpose of improvement
Ability to meet or exceed customer needs and expectations and provide excellent service in a direct or indirect manner
Ability to process information with high levels of accuracy
Ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors
Accurately analyze situations and reach productive decisions based on informed judgment.
Bachelors: Business Administration/Management, Bachelors: Business Communications, GED (Required), High School (Required)
“This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.”
Fortune 500 experience. Career growth opportunities. Nationwide relocation possibilities.
These are just a few things you'll find at J.B. Hunt. Whether you have a passion for operations, sales, engineering or information technology, we can help jumpstart your career with challenging opportunities that will help you reach your maximum potential.
Why J.B. Hunt?
We take our investment in you seriously - our future success depends on you. Be an innovator with a leading transportation company and work alongside some of the brightest minds in the industry. At J.B. Hunt, we strongly believe in promoting from within based on performance and potential, the sky is the limit for your career.
What are we looking for?
We look for high-energy, forward-thinking individuals who are interested in a career with a leader in the transportation industry. We seek exceptional people of diverse backgrounds who have the vision to carry our business forward. J.B. Hunt offers a variety of opportunities spanning across the nation.