J.B. Hunt Transport Product Owner II in Lowell, Arkansas
Product Owner II
Engineering & Science
United States of America
Under general supervision, this position acts as the representative of stakeholders to manage product backlogs and review iteration outcomes to ensure the business success of software development projects. Owns the moderately complex products and provides support to the Client, offering advice regarding the Product requirements. They involve the Stakeholders and/or end-users in the process, inviting them to actively take part in the development of the Product. They also give constant feedback and bring new ideas on Product features.
• Discusses and determines product backlogs for each iteration, and reviewing the outputs of all sprints, to make sure they are in alignment with the non-functional requirements of the client.
• Defines and conveys the general product vision into specific product features and implement long-term planning through regular road mapping. Prepares and leads refinements and plannings within the development team to address client requirements and ensure successful product for business objectives.
• Works closely with the development team, to ensure the right things to be focused on and completed during the development process; facilitates trade-off discussions with product management or customer/development team for enabler vs business asks.
• Follows standard principles to write, discuss and add user stories to product backlogs; prioritizing product backlogs by business values, level of effort and dependencies.
• Provides inputs for applications technical designs and data models to deliver user-friendly product solutions .
• Takes accountability for ensuring that the UX designs meet requirements.
Bachelors degree in Business, Computer and Information Science, Software Engineering, or related field, or foreign equivalent, or suitable combination of education, experience and training; plus 3-4 years of experience acting as a Product Owner and/or certification in Agile fundamentals.
Knowledge of Agile process and principles
Knows and embodies Scrum values
Understands Product Owner involvement in Scrum events
Experience drafting and elaborating backlog items.
Bachelors: Business Administration/Management (Required), Bachelors: Computer and Information Science (Required), Bachelors: Computer Engineering (Required)
Product Management, Software Development
Certified Scrum Master (CSM) Certification - Scrum Alliance
Job Opening ID:
00397055 Product Owner II (Open)
“This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.”
Fortune 500 experience. Career advancement. Nationwide relocation possibilities.
Headquartered in Northwest Arkansas, J.B. Hunt is a dominate force in transportation and logistics industry, offering exciting career opportunities both at corporate and at field locations across the country. There are a variety of job types that support our business, so no matter your passion, J.B. Hunt is the place to jumpstart your career.
Why J.B. Hunt?
J.B. Hunt is a leading transportation and logistics company for one simple reason – our people. The career possibilities and benefits of working at J.B. Hunt are endless. From competitive salary and benefits packages, to defined career paths and growth opportunities, we take care of our people and take great pride in our efforts to build and sustain an inclusive workplace for all employees.
What are we looking for?
J.B. Hunt welcomes high-energy, forward-thinking people of all backgrounds and experience levels to join our team. We offer full-time, entry level, professional and management opportunities across all departments. Whether you are fresh out of school or bring years of industry experience, a role at J.B. Hunt could take your career to the next level.
J.B. Hunt Transport, Inc. affirms its belief in equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment in all terms and conditions of employment. J.B. Hunt is committed to both the spirit and the letter of affirmative action law and continues its good-faith efforts to comply with all applicable government laws and regulations. The company is committed to basing employment decisions on the principles of equal employment opportunity. J.B. Hunt will recruit, hire, compensate, offer benefits to, upgrade, train, layoff, terminate, and/or promote individuals without discrimination in regards to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a qualified individual with a disability, status as a protected veteran, or other bases by applicable law.
J.B. Hunt Transport, Inc. offers reasonable accommodation in the employment process for individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance in the application process due to a disability, you may request accommodation at any time by calling 1-800-777-4968.