J.B. Hunt Transport Pricing Manager II in Lowell, Arkansas
Job Opening ID:
00344299 Pricing Manager II (Evergreen) (Open)
Pricing Manager II
Sales, Marketing & Product Management
United States of America
Under general supervision, this position is responsible for leading the strategic pricing activity for our major business accounts to maximize profitability and efficient utilization of company assets. Responsibilities include working with strategic accounts with high volume and complexity, including larger scope of impact. This position requires less supervision, more responsibility, and would create/submit smaller proposals independently. Bids would not be submitted without being reviewed by a manager
• Determine pricing consistent with company objectives as it relates to market rate and customer objectives.
• Consult with Sales, Customer Experience and Operations teams to understand customer requirements, objectives related to pricing needs and market intelligence, as needed.
• Responsible for determining pricing (e.g., spot market rates, cost plus) by utilizing company systems to remain competitive based on current market needs.
• Support bid process by collecting and analyzing preliminary rate and volume data, and published accessorials relative to operational characteristics for actual cost and revenue collection trends in order to maintain profitable business
• Work internally with pricing team to support preparation for customer reviews, maintain market competitive pricing, and to retain and expand business.
• Work to improve quality of revenue and yield management. • Assist in company systems testing using various scenarios to ensure proper system functioning and minimal down time.
• Support other team members, as needed.
- High School Diploma/GED with 2-3 years of experience
Bachelor's degree in transportation logistics, mathematics, economics, or a related field with 2-3 years of relevant transportation logistics or finance experience or comparable combination of education, experience, and training
Proficient time-management skills
Ability to multitask
Ability to handle a stressful work-environment
Ability to make time-sensitive decisions
Basic deductive reasoning skills
Ability to communicate numbers effectively
Ability to negotiate/influence internal teams/departments of J.B. Hunt
Ability to measure the quality and quantity of work effort for the improvement efforts in quality and productivity
Knowledge of pricing tools, techniques and methods; ability to assess analytical and pricing models through the use of statistical principles
12 months of Pricing Analyst
12 months of J.B. Hunt experience preferred
Bachelors: Economics, Bachelors: Mathematics, Bachelors: Transportation Logistics, GED (Required), High School (Required)
“This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.”
Fortune 500 experience. Career growth opportunities. Nationwide relocation possibilities.
These are just a few things you'll find at J.B. Hunt. Whether you have a passion for operations, sales, engineering or information technology, we can help jumpstart your career with challenging opportunities that will help you reach your maximum potential.
Why J.B. Hunt?
We take our investment in you seriously - our future success depends on you. Be an innovator with a leading transportation company and work alongside some of the brightest minds in the industry. At J.B. Hunt, we strongly believe in promoting from within based on performance and potential, the sky is the limit for your career.
What are we looking for?
We look for high-energy, forward-thinking individuals who are interested in a career with a leader in the transportation industry. We seek exceptional people of diverse backgrounds who have the vision to carry our business forward. J.B. Hunt offers a variety of opportunities spanning across the nation.