J.B. Hunt Transport Night Claims Intake Representative in Lowell, Arkansas
Night Claims Intake Representative
Administration, Facilities & Secretarial
United States of America
Under routine supervision, the incumbent is responsible for handling intake of Casualty claims requests. They collaborate with other team members to help ensure communication, information and documentation flows through to support each claim between the customer and internal J.B. Hunt stakeholders. Additionally, they receive and respond to routine correspondence following established procedures not requiring management review
• Handle emergency situations, initial report taking, investigation of accidents, work compensation injuries/illnesses, drug/alcohol allegations, property damage, and safety issues with drivers. Includes working with Fleet and Safety Managers, vendors, adjusters, attorneys, law enforcement and other parties involved to conduct the investigation in a timeline manner.
• Manage the Casualty Claims intake through phone, email database, or other communication methods, determine appropriate area to direct information and requests.
• Provide general support to the Casualty claims team by conducting administrative tasks such as scheduling appointments, meetings, and conference calls; data entry, documenting, and filing; and drafting memoranda, correspondence, and/or summaries.
• Set up DOT and NON-DOT tests with Compliance Safety Systems, brief drivers, complete DOT timeline, and arrange transportation to sites.
Must be willing to work the following hours:
Thur 1700 – 0100, Fri 1700 -0600, Sat- 1800 – 0600, Sun 1800 -0100
- High School Diploma or GED with 0-1 year combination of education, experience and training
Ability to make time-sensitive decisions
Ability to multitask
Ability to type at least 30 words-per-minute
Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
Basic deductive reasoning skills
Proficient active listening skills
GED (Required), High School (Required)
Job Opening ID:
00397631 Night Claims Intake Representative (Open)
“This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.”
Fortune 500 experience. Career advancement. Nationwide relocation possibilities.
Headquartered in Northwest Arkansas, J.B. Hunt is a dominate force in transportation and logistics industry, offering exciting career opportunities both at corporate and at field locations across the country. There are a variety of job types that support our business, so no matter your passion, J.B. Hunt is the place to jumpstart your career.
Why J.B. Hunt?
J.B. Hunt is a leading transportation and logistics company for one simple reason – our people. The career possibilities and benefits of working at J.B. Hunt are endless. From competitive salary and benefits packages, to defined career paths and growth opportunities, we take care of our people and take great pride in our efforts to build and sustain an inclusive workplace for all employees.
What are we looking for?
J.B. Hunt welcomes high-energy, forward-thinking people of all backgrounds and experience levels to join our team. We offer full-time, entry level, professional and management opportunities across all departments. Whether you are fresh out of school or bring years of industry experience, a role at J.B. Hunt could take your career to the next level.
J.B. Hunt Transport, Inc. affirms its belief in equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment in all terms and conditions of employment. J.B. Hunt is committed to both the spirit and the letter of affirmative action law and continues its good-faith efforts to comply with all applicable government laws and regulations. The company is committed to basing employment decisions on the principles of equal employment opportunity. J.B. Hunt will recruit, hire, compensate, offer benefits to, upgrade, train, layoff, terminate, and/or promote individuals without discrimination in regards to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a qualified individual with a disability, status as a protected veteran, or other bases by applicable law.
J.B. Hunt Transport, Inc. offers reasonable accommodation in the employment process for individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance in the application process due to a disability, you may request accommodation at any time by calling 1-800-777-4968.