J.B. Hunt Transport Manager I, Finance in Lowell, Arkansas
Manager I, Finance
United States of America
Under general direction, this positions manages a team of hourly and salaried non-exempt individual contributors. This individual will possess a high level ability to make time-sensitive decisions, manage multiple competing priorities, and work in a fast paced environment. The position requires experience in a finance function and potential or direct management of a team.
• Audit methods and procedures of finance function to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
• Communicate and escalate any issues resulting in lost revenue or delay in payment .
• Communicate department goals and job expectations to team members.
• Enforce/Ensure team members adhere to policies and procedures.
• Manage annual processes including performance reviews and merit recommendations for team members.
• Network and build relationships with both J.B. Hunt employees and external customers and/or vendors by responding to financial inquiries and complaints and identify root cause and solutions to issues.
• Onboard new employees.
• Prepare and ensure the accuracy and timeliness of weekly/monthly reports.
• Protect organizational value by keeping information confidential.
• Supervise all job contributions of team members who perform financial-related functions.
• Work with internal teams to improve account profitability. Provide feedback to ensure Customer compliance with contractual requirements and adjust as needed.
• Work with internal teams to improve processes, discuss action plans, and/or contractual changes, and achieve organizational/department/team goals and objectives.
• Assist in the budgeting process including producing thorough, accurate and timely budget and expense management reports for the organization.
• Assist with applicable closing, allocation and reporting duties.
- High School Diploma or GED with 2-3 years combination of education, experience and training.
Bachelors degree in Finance, Business Administration/Management, Communication, Transportation Logistics, or related field with 3-4 years of experience
Ability to act professionally
Ability to communicate (written and verbal) effectively
Ability to manage multiple, competing priorities
Ability to multitask
Ability to work as part of a team
Basic organization skills
Basic time management skills
Excel, Access, SQL experience
Interpersonal or “people” skills
Knowledge of Financials systems
Knowledge of personnel or staffing policies
Bachelors: Accounting, Bachelors: Business Administration/Management, Bachelors: Business Communications, Bachelors: Finance, Bachelors: Transportation Logistics, GED (Required), High School (Required)
Accounting/Payroll, Auditing, Finance
Job Opening ID:
00411907 Manager I, Finance (Open)
“This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.”
J.B. Hunt Transport, Inc. affirms its belief in equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment in all terms and conditions of employment. J.B. Hunt is committed to both the spirit and the letter of affirmative action law and continues its good-faith efforts to comply with all applicable government laws and regulations. The company is committed to basing employment decisions on the principles of equal employment opportunity. J.B. Hunt will recruit, hire, compensate, offer benefits to, upgrade, train, layoff, terminate, and/or promote individuals without discrimination in regards to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a qualified individual with a disability, status as a protected veteran, or other bases by applicable law.
J.B. Hunt Transport, Inc. offers reasonable accommodation in the employment process for individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance in the application process due to a disability, you may request accommodation at any time by calling 1-800-777-4968.