J.B. Hunt Transport Customer Development Representative - ICS in Lowell, Arkansas
Customer Development Representative - ICS
Sales, Marketing & Product Management
United States of America
Under general supervision, the incumbent aggressively markets the J.B. Hunt brand to develop new business with identified strategic and/or growth customers. They evaluate a customer's current transportation requirements and provide a transportation solution from J.B. Hunt's service offerings
• Responsible for establishing routine engagement touchpoints with existing customers to identify opportunities to increase sales.
• Work with internal partners such as Operations, Customer Experience, or Sales, to ensure optimal on-time service and all committed and awarded freight is being met for each Business Unit.
• Ensure freight volume meets or exceeds capacity and volume commitments by identifying accuracy of award management to increase stakeholder satisfaction and operational efficiency.
• Negotiate spot prices to secure incremental business.
• Monitor freight needs by understanding daily individual business segment activities to ensure maximum asset utilization.
• Build customer relations by monitoring and promptly responding to spot opportunities to increase freight volume.
• Increase customer satisfaction through regular touchpoints with clients and various internal departments to review service reporting and customer scorecards for assigned market areas to maximize revenue to meet and exceed current goal.
Minimum Qualification: High School Diploma/GED with 1-2 years of experience.
Preferred Qualification: Bachelors Degree with 1-2 years of Customer Service/Sales Experience
Ability to communicate effectively through all mediums
Experience working in a customer service job
Bachelors: Business Administration/Management, Bachelors: Business Communications, Bachelors: Transportation Logistics, GED (Required), High School (Required)
Customer Service/Account Manager, Sales, Transportation/Logistics
Job Opening ID:
00374840 Customer Development Representative - ICS (Open)
“This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.”
Fortune 500 experience. Career growth opportunities. Nationwide relocation possibilities.
These are just a few things you'll find at J.B. Hunt. Whether you have a passion for operations, sales, engineering or information technology, we can help jumpstart your career with challenging opportunities that will help you reach your maximum potential.
Why J.B. Hunt?
We take our investment in you seriously - our future success depends on you. Be an innovator with a leading transportation company and work alongside some of the brightest minds in the industry. At J.B. Hunt, we strongly believe in promoting from within based on performance and potential, the sky is the limit for your career.
What are we looking for?
We look for high-energy, forward-thinking individuals who are interested in a career with a leader in the transportation industry. We seek exceptional people of diverse backgrounds who have the vision to carry our business forward. J.B. Hunt offers a variety of opportunities spanning across the nation.
J.B. Hunt Transport, Inc. affirms its belief in equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment in all terms and conditions of employment. J.B. Hunt is committed to both the spirit and the letter of affirmative action law and continues its good-faith efforts to comply with all applicable government laws and regulations. The company is committed to basing employment decisions on the principles of equal employment opportunity. J.B. Hunt will recruit, hire, compensate, offer benefits to, upgrade, train, layoff, terminate, and/or promote individuals without discrimination in regards to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a qualified individual with a disability, status as a protected veteran, or other bases by applicable law.
J.B. Hunt Transport, Inc. offers reasonable accommodation in the employment process for individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance in the application process due to a disability, you may request accommodation at any time by calling 1-800-777-4968.