J.B. Hunt Transport Client Manager II in Lowell, Arkansas
Client Manager II
Sales, Marketing & Product Management
United States of America
Under routine supervision, the position is responsible for liaising between core stakeholder groups within J.B. Hunt and the customer to align expectations and objectives to maintain and exceed customer satisfaction. On a day-to-day basis, acts as internal owner of an account who works with customer to ensure uniformity in our business practices, support needs and issue resolution, and overall relationship management. Accounts are typically smaller with lower revenue, demand, volume and/or complexity
• Execute the spirit and methodology of J.B. Hunt's Customer Value Delivery for assigned clients (Understand, Deliver, Measure and Anticipate).
• Work to ensure retention and growth of current business at acceptable profit levels. This includes analysis of operations execution, understanding profitability of overall account, forecasting business changes, monitoring award compliance, pricing and both internal and customer presentations.
• Work closely with Operations and Customer Experience to ensure they have the tools, knowledge, training and support they need to perform their responsibilities for startups and changes to existing accounts.
• Present to clients on a frequent basis both onsite or remotely; presentation topics include, but are not limited to, service levels, acceptance, award compliance, etc., and/or cost and delivery analysis.
• Develop and implement uniform practices and methodologies to ensure clients receive equivalent but high level of service from each account location regardless of operational region.
• Monitor billing and receivables; work with internal teams to keep clients in line with contract rules and payments.
• Responsible to take a lead or key role in special projects, often includes expansion of service for our clients.
Minimum Qualification: Bachelor's Degree or 2-3 years of equivalent work experience and/or training.
Preferred Qualification: Bachelor's Degree and 2-3 years of experience in customer service, or equivalent experience and/or training
Ability to process information with high levels of accuracy
Ability to determine the root cause of organizational problems and create alternative solutions that resolve the problems in the best interest of the business
Effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors
Ability to adapt as needed
Knowledge of effective influencing tactics and strategies
Foundational skills in assessing customer needs and providing solutions for them
Experience in establishing and maintaining healthy working relationships with clients, vendors, and peers.
Bachelors: Business Administration/Management (Required), Bachelors: Business Communications
Customer Service/Account Manager, Sales, Transportation/Logistics
Job Opening ID:
00397369 Client Manager II (Open)
“This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.”
Fortune 500 experience. Career advancement. Nationwide relocation possibilities.
Headquartered in Northwest Arkansas, J.B. Hunt is a dominate force in transportation and logistics industry, offering exciting career opportunities both at corporate and at field locations across the country. There are a variety of job types that support our business, so no matter your passion, J.B. Hunt is the place to jumpstart your career.
Why J.B. Hunt?
J.B. Hunt is a leading transportation and logistics company for one simple reason – our people. The career possibilities and benefits of working at J.B. Hunt are endless. From competitive salary and benefits packages, to defined career paths and growth opportunities, we take care of our people and take great pride in our efforts to build and sustain an inclusive workplace for all employees.
What are we looking for?
J.B. Hunt welcomes high-energy, forward-thinking people of all backgrounds and experience levels to join our team. We offer full-time, entry level, professional and management opportunities across all departments. Whether you are fresh out of school or bring years of industry experience, a role at J.B. Hunt could take your career to the next level.
J.B. Hunt Transport, Inc. affirms its belief in equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment in all terms and conditions of employment. J.B. Hunt is committed to both the spirit and the letter of affirmative action law and continues its good-faith efforts to comply with all applicable government laws and regulations. The company is committed to basing employment decisions on the principles of equal employment opportunity. J.B. Hunt will recruit, hire, compensate, offer benefits to, upgrade, train, layoff, terminate, and/or promote individuals without discrimination in regards to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a qualified individual with a disability, status as a protected veteran, or other bases by applicable law.
J.B. Hunt Transport, Inc. offers reasonable accommodation in the employment process for individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance in the application process due to a disability, you may request accommodation at any time by calling 1-800-777-4968.