J.B. Hunt Transport Claims Examiner II in Lowell, Arkansas
Claims Examiner II
United States of America
Under general supervision, this position is responsible to Investigate and document incidents involving damages up to $20,000 (greater than $20,000 with manager approval/discretion). Manage claims made under our auto liability, general liability, worker's compensation, or cargo insurance coverage. Performs duties to ensure the Company's motor fleet is in compliance with federal, state, and local laws, rules, regulations and Company policies. Performs work that is varied and that may be somewhat difficult in character, but usually involves limited responsibility
• Independently evaluate and manage the Company’s exposure to risk (legal, damage, other liability) up to $20,000 by ensuring claims against it are thoroughly examined to minimize financial loss and diminished reputation against the Company. Involve management when scope/exposure exceeds defined range.
• Conduct initial and follow up contact and/or correspondence with claimants, insurance companies, attorneys, etc., regarding claim submission.
• Assess liability to apportion damages based on percentage of negligence for negotiating settlements with claimants, attorneys and insurance companies.
• Negotiate with plaintiff attorneys, insurance companies, other third parties, etc., to settle vehicle and/or personal injury claims within individual authority limits.
• Maintain a suspense system to ensure regular review of case files. Monitor case files daily to determine if reserves are set accurately and adjust within authority.
• Manage moderately complex and emergency situations for vehicular accidents, drug/alcohol allegations and safety issues with drivers, workers compensation claims, or cargo claims. Includes coordinating with and providing professional assistance to local law enforcement and adjusters on the scene of an incident to gather information and control liability to the Company. Record and document vital information in Company information systems.
• Provide support, coaching and mentoring to other team members, as needed.
- High School Diploma or GED with 2-3 years combination of education, experience and training
Bachelor's Degree with 1-2 years combination of education, experience, and training
Ability to form strong arguments and defend a position professionally
Ability to maintain professionalism while dealing with difficult individuals
Ability to make independent, time-sensitive decisions
Ability to multitask
Ability to work both individually and as part of a team
Experience working in claims
Proficient active listening skills
Proficient time management skills
Bachelors: Law, GED (Required), High School (Required)
Job Opening ID:
00387297 Claims Examiner II (Open)
“This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.”
Fortune 500 experience. Career growth opportunities. Nationwide relocation possibilities.
These are just a few things you'll find at J.B. Hunt. Whether you have a passion for operations, sales, engineering or information technology, we can help jumpstart your career with challenging opportunities that will help you reach your maximum potential.
Why J.B. Hunt?
We take our investment in you seriously - our future success depends on you. Be an innovator with a leading transportation company and work alongside some of the brightest minds in the industry. At J.B. Hunt, we strongly believe in promoting from within based on performance and potential, the sky is the limit for your career.
What are we looking for?
We look for high-energy, forward-thinking individuals who are interested in a career with a leader in the transportation industry. We seek exceptional people of diverse backgrounds who have the vision to carry our business forward. J.B. Hunt offers a variety of opportunities spanning across the nation.
J.B. Hunt Transport, Inc. affirms its belief in equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment in all terms and conditions of employment. J.B. Hunt is committed to both the spirit and the letter of affirmative action law and continues its good-faith efforts to comply with all applicable government laws and regulations. The company is committed to basing employment decisions on the principles of equal employment opportunity. J.B. Hunt will recruit, hire, compensate, offer benefits to, upgrade, train, layoff, terminate, and/or promote individuals without discrimination in regards to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a qualified individual with a disability, status as a protected veteran, or other bases by applicable law.
J.B. Hunt Transport, Inc. offers reasonable accommodation in the employment process for individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance in the application process due to a disability, you may request accommodation at any time by calling 1-800-777-4968.