J.B. Hunt Transport Intermodal Regional Engineer in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Job Opening ID:
00262658 Intermodal Regional Engineer (Open)
Intermodal Regional Engineer
United States of America
Job Description Summary:
Experience: Desired Skills and Experience:
· Demonstrated experience in business process improvement (e.g., Business Process Reengineering, Lean Six Sigma, Six Sigma, ISO), to include process data gathering and analysis, process mapping in MS Visio, formulating viable improvement recommendations, and implementing process recommendations
· A four-year degree from an accredited university in Engineering or related field; MS or MBA is considered a plus
· 1-3 years of business experience; transportation industry
· Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize workload
· Experience facilitating meetings, clarifying action items, and fostering productive conversations
· Experience collaborating with executive and senior leaders, contractors, and E&T staff
Skills: Successful candidates will have
· A solid working knowledge of structured query language, and Microsoft Office Suite tools.
· Demonstrated on-the-job experience authoring reports and briefings from scratch and concisely and logically conveying written information tailored to diverse audiences
· Highly competent in influencing without authority through knowledge, skills, and relationships
· Strong analytical skills with experience in network optimization, fleet design, and operations research.
J.B. Hunt's technology modernization effort has provided an open doorway to drive process excellence in every area of the business. We believe this role is just the starting point to delivering value and market differentiation through Process Excellence.
As a Regional Engineer you will lead the development and implementation of business processes, continuously improve and audit the business processes, and help facilitate operational efficiency and customer service. This role time will be spent directing workflow, performing project management and maintaining alignment of operations teams and business processes with the company's and assigned region’s strategic goals. Regional Engineers are embedded and aligned with Intermodal Operations leadership while maintaining a direct relationship with enterprise Business Process Owners and the Intermodal Engineering team.
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities
Be the Owner
· Understands the business processes in detail as well as the intricacies and challenges of the functional business area
· Analyzes business initiatives by understanding process outcomes to maximize results relative to company strategy
Lead Process Improvement
· Authors process documentation, including current state analysis, recommendations, future state and preliminary (high-level and notional) implementation plans
· Solicits feedback from internal customers to determine best response to continually improve process performance
· Communicates business process enhancements and prioritization of solution requests and approved projects within the business process areas, ensuring that projects / requests align with the technology that best provides maximum return on investment
· Directs workflow and acts as project manager for assigned skills and other initiatives. Works extensively with IT and other departments to successfully drive projects to completion.
Manage Metrics and Performance
· Defines and establishes consistent end to end business processes, success criteria, KPI’s and targets
· Aids in the development of business cases that effectively illustrate the value of the need -- from cost/benefits and alignment to the enterprise and business goals
· Performs audits on the execution of the processes "go look go see" ensuring the documents are timely and compliant; requiring some travel
· Provide measurable value to internal operations and customers
Competencies: Job Requirements (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
· Proven ability to accept, adapt and implement change in an ever-changing environment.
· Strong ability to think creatively, identify and implement improvements to processes and procedures to increase customer satisfaction and reduce expenses.
· Ability to effectively manage projects and drive to completion within deadlines.
· Proven experience consulting with business leaders to break down seemingly complex problems into actionable tasks
· Highly analytical with ability to solve complex problems that include the application of both good business sense and common sense.
· Ability to look across a portfolio of multiple projects and programs, analyze complex data and processes, identify potential risks, draw meaningful conclusions, and make business recommendations
· Proactive and solutions-focused with an ability to deal effectively with difficult interactions and tough issues
Fortune 500 experience. Career Development. Nation-wide opportunities. We are J.B. Hunt.
Our success comes from strategically placing you in the most suitable role. Whether you have a passion for operations, sales, engineering, or information technology, we can jump start your career!
J.B. Hunt Transport, Inc. is no stranger to the transportation logistics industry. From our humble beginnings in 1961, with only five tractors and seven refrigerated trailers, we have evolved into one of the largest transportation logistics companies in North America. We provide safe and reliable transportation services throughout the United States, Canada and Mexico. Our four business segments (Intermodal, Dedicated Contract Services, Truckload, and Integrated Capacity Solutions) allow us to provide customized freight solutions for customers big and small. It's no wonder we have been named one of America's Most Admired Companies by Fortune Magazine.
J.B. Hunt Transport, Inc. is committed to basing employment decisions on the principles of equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, persons with disabilities, protected veterans or other bases by applicable law.
Fortune 500 experience. Career growth opportunities. Nationwide relocation possibilities.
These are just a few things you'll find at J.B. Hunt. Whether you have a passion for operations, sales, engineering or information technology, we can help jumpstart your career with challenging opportunities that will help you reach your maximum potential.
Why J.B. Hunt?
We take our investment in you seriously - our future success depends on you. Be an innovator with a leading transportation company and work alongside some of the brightest minds in the industry. At J.B. Hunt, we strongly believe in promoting from within based on performance and potential, the sky is the limit for your career.
What are we looking for?
We look for high-energy, forward-thinking individuals who are interested in a career with a leader in the transportation industry. We seek exceptional people of diverse backgrounds who have the vision to carry our business forward. J.B. Hunt offers a variety of opportunities spanning across the nation.