J.B. Hunt Transport Strategic Carrier Manager I in Farmers Branch, Texas
Strategic Carrier Manager I
Sales, Marketing & Product Management
United States of America
Under general supervision, the position is responsible for liaising between core stakeholder groups within J.B. Hunt and the carrier to align expectations and objectives to maintain and exceed carrier satisfaction. On a day-to-day basis, acts as internal owner of the carrier pipeline who works to ensure uniformity in our business practices, support needs and issue resolution, and provide overall relationship management.
• Work to ensure retention and growth of current business at acceptable levels. This includes analysis of operations execution, understanding profitability of overall pipeline, forecasting business changes, pricing strategy, capacity strategy and both internal and customer presentations
• Present to clients on a frequent basis both onsite or remotely; presentation topics include, but are not limited to, service levels, acceptance, award compliance, etc., and/or quarterly business reviews
• Develop and implement uniform practices and methodologies to ensure carriers receive equivalent but high level of service from each account location regardless of operational region
• Accountable for operational results and directly connected to driving productivity, automation and operational excellence
• Responsible to take a lead or key role in special projects, often includes expansion of service for our clients
• Maintain carrier engagement actions and activities in the CRM
• Improve efficiencies through automation of business core competencies
• Impact and Influence branch management decision making on operation based load automation features
• Intimate engagement with pricing team & manage pipeline opportunities
Leads and leverages resources to align opportunities, including managing direct reports
- Bachelor's Degree or 2-3 years of equivalent work experience and/or training.
- Bachelor's Degree and 2-4 years of experience in transportation/logistics, or equivalent experience and/or training
Skills & Abilities:
Ability to process information with high levels of accuracy
Ability to determine the root cause of organizational problems and create alternative solutions that resolve the problems in the best interest of the business
Effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors
Ability to adapt as needed
Knowledge of effective influencing tactics and strategies
Foundational skills in assessing customer needs and providing solutions for them
Experience in establishing and maintaining healthy working relationships with clients, vendors, and peers
Ability to influence internal stakeholder to meet organizational and customer goals
Bachelors: Business Administration/Management (Required), GED (Required), High School (Required)
Customer Service/Account Manager, Transportation/Logistics
Job Opening ID:
00381621 Strategic Carrier Manager I (Open)
“This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.”
J.B. Hunt Transport, Inc. affirms its belief in equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment in all terms and conditions of employment. J.B. Hunt is committed to both the spirit and the letter of affirmative action law and continues its good-faith efforts to comply with all applicable government laws and regulations. The company is committed to basing employment decisions on the principles of equal employment opportunity. J.B. Hunt will recruit, hire, compensate, offer benefits to, upgrade, train, layoff, terminate, and/or promote individuals without discrimination in regards to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a qualified individual with a disability, status as a protected veteran, or other bases by applicable law.
J.B. Hunt Transport, Inc. offers reasonable accommodation in the employment process for individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance in the application process due to a disability, you may request accommodation at any time by calling 1-800-777-4968.