J.B. Hunt Transport Operations Management Trainee in Cincinnati, Ohio
Job Opening ID:
00294986 Operations Management Trainee (Open)
Operations Management Trainee
United States of America
Job Description Summary:
What does a Manager Trainee do?
As a manager trainee we will provide you with training and on the job experience so that in 3-6 months you will be ready to step into a full leadership role at a customer’s account. You will have the ability to make important decisions that have a direct impact on the business and will help you grow in your professional career. It won’t be easy and you will be challenged along the way, but we will be right there with you to offer guidance and support.
Here’s what your day will look like:
• You will work with your customers to understand and deliver the customer value proposition that we promised our customers as you manage the execution of their transportation needs.
• You will lead and retain a group of company drivers to fulfill the needs of the customer and maximize productivity
• Understand and monitor compliance with safety and DOT regulations
• Full management responsibility over all equipment assigned to your account.
• Look for opportunities to increase the efficiency of the account. Example: If most of your equipment is empty on the way back to your account then it is not making money. You can look for opportunities with other transportation partners (internal and external) to fill the backhauls.
So, do you have what it takes?
• Must be a self starter and self -driven
• Ability to work in a fast paced and changing environment
• Ability to build solid relationships with customers and drivers
• Willingness to learn
• Ability to relocate within the region. That means, after training you will run the day to day operations with your team at an assigned account within the region.
• Must be willing to work flexible hours during training. This isn’t a 8-5 job, you’re managing a business.
• College degree OR 3 years of supervisory experience OR Military Non Commissioned Officer, minimum E4
What will you get in return, you ask?
• Base salary and bonus potential after completion of the training program. Bonus is based on overall performance and profitability of the assigned account.
• Experience working for the largest Dedicated Transportation provider. That’s not all. We are looking to double in size in the next 5 years. That means more opportunities for you.
• Work for a large company, but still small enough to be on a first name basis with everyone
• Develop your interpersonal skills and gain customer knowledge and industry experience. The learning never stops.
• Growth and career advancement. After a year to a year and half, you could be managing a 3-5M account with the support of J.B. Hunt right behind you. You’ll have the freedom to manage, set direction and lead a team
Driver Management, Rail Operations
Fortune 500 experience. Career Development. Nation-wide opportunities. We are J.B. Hunt.
Our success comes from strategically placing you in the most suitable role. Whether you have a passion for operations, sales, engineering, or information technology, we can jump start your career!
J.B. Hunt Transport, Inc. is no stranger to the transportation logistics industry. From our humble beginnings in 1961, with only five tractors and seven refrigerated trailers, we have evolved into one of the largest transportation logistics companies in North America. We provide safe and reliable transportation services throughout the United States, Canada and Mexico. Our four business segments (Intermodal, Dedicated Contract Services, Truckload, and Integrated Capacity Solutions) allow us to provide customized freight solutions for customers big and small. It's no wonder we have been named one of America's Most Admired Companies by Fortune Magazine.
J.B. Hunt Transport, Inc. is committed to basing employment decisions on the principles of equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, persons with disabilities, protected veterans or other bases by applicable law.
“This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.”
Fortune 500 experience. Career growth opportunities. Nationwide relocation possibilities.
These are just a few things you'll find at J.B. Hunt. Whether you have a passion for operations, sales, engineering or information technology, we can help jumpstart your career with challenging opportunities that will help you reach your maximum potential.
Why J.B. Hunt?
We take our investment in you seriously - our future success depends on you. Be an innovator with a leading transportation company and work alongside some of the brightest minds in the industry. At J.B. Hunt, we strongly believe in promoting from within based on performance and potential, the sky is the limit for your career.
What are we looking for?
We look for high-energy, forward-thinking individuals who are interested in a career with a leader in the transportation industry. We seek exceptional people of diverse backgrounds who have the vision to carry our business forward. J.B. Hunt offers a variety of opportunities spanning across the nation.