J.B. Hunt Transport College, Capacity Procurement Reprentative in Birmingham, Alabama
Job Opening ID:
00344780 College, Capacity Procurement Reprentative (Evergreen) (Open)
College, Capacity Procurement Reprentative
United States of America
In applying for this position, you will be considered for a Capacity Procurement Representative role in the Southeast Region (TN, MS, AL, GA, FL, SC, NC, VA) supporting our Brokerage business segment, known as Integrated Capacity Solutions.
Under routine supervision, the incumbent is responsible for aggressive marketing of the J.B. Hunt brand and negotiation of rates to meet load expectations while ensuring optimal margins. Purchases transportation services from qualified carriers that will provide the best transportation solution for the customer and ensures all booked freight is covered in a timely manner with flawless execution using both internal assets and external resources
• Negotiate with carriers for the appropriate purchase rate to meet revenue and profit margin goals, as well as to facilitate appropriate business relationship with the carrier. Manage all freight in transit by obtaining adequate updates from carriers/drivers to monitor movement and ensure on time delivery.
• Proactively communicating service failures to internal support teams to minimize service failures, promote on time service and ensure safety.
• Tender loads and optimize service through system management utilizing the Carrier 360 platform and perform other related duties as required.
• High School Diploma/GED with up to 1-2 years of experience.
• To be considered for this role, the ideal candidate has been invited to apply or viewed this opportunity through their school portal.
• Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain Management, Logistics Management, or related field with 2-3 years of experience in transportation/logistics
• Knowledge of the organization's industry group, trends, directions, major issues, regulatory considerations, and trendsetters
• Ability to meet or exceed customer needs and expectations and provide excellent service in a direct or indirect manner
• Ability to process information with high levels of accuracy
• Demonstrate effective self-management practices and ability to manage multiple concurrent objectives
• Recognizing, anticipating, and resolving organizational, operational or process problems
• Knowledge and ability to establish and maintain relationships with clients, vendors, and peers
• Ability to negotiate successfully across the organization and with external vendors and clients in a constructive and collaborative manner.
Bachelors: Logistics Management, Bachelors: Supply Chain Management, GED (Required), High School (Required)
Customer Service/Account Manager, Transportation/Logistics
“This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.”
Fortune 500 experience. Career growth opportunities. Nationwide relocation possibilities.
These are just a few things you'll find at J.B. Hunt. Whether you have a passion for operations, sales, engineering or information technology, we can help jumpstart your career with challenging opportunities that will help you reach your maximum potential.
Why J.B. Hunt?
We take our investment in you seriously - our future success depends on you. Be an innovator with a leading transportation company and work alongside some of the brightest minds in the industry. At J.B. Hunt, we strongly believe in promoting from within based on performance and potential, the sky is the limit for your career.
What are we looking for?
We look for high-energy, forward-thinking individuals who are interested in a career with a leader in the transportation industry. We seek exceptional people of diverse backgrounds who have the vision to carry our business forward. J.B. Hunt offers a variety of opportunities spanning across the nation.