J.B. Hunt Transport Sales Executive in Atlanta, Georgia
Sales, Marketing & Product Management
United States of America
Under general supervision, this position is responsible for adding prospects to their portfolio, acquiring new customers, and maintaining and growing relationships with pre-existing customers. This is accomplished through various techniques such as cold-calling, prospecting, and conducting discovery calls. This position focuses on defining the opportunity strategy to sell J.B. Hunt services to the customer and establishing and growing their book of business.
• Conduct lead generation activities for new and incremental business, including cold calling, networking and other opportunity prospecting methods
• Meet with customers and prospective customers to discuss viable opportunities in an effort to understand their business needs, identify scope, submit a proposal, finalize the contract and win the business
• Coordinate with internal teams and the customer to implement the customer's solution, including participation in kick-off and understanding contractual obligations to facilitate customer needs
• Perform various activities related to Opportunity Management and monitoring the health of the account which includes, but is not limited to, Customer KPI review, revenue quality monitoring, watching for additional opportunities, contract and pay terms review to ensure adherence to agreement
• Visit prospective and existing customers at their corporate headquarters or other sites as needed. Requires ability to travel to customer sites to meet customer needs.
• Document all sales activities in CRM to ensure adherence to policy and process • Develop sales proposals and present pricing information to customers
High School Diploma/GED with 3-4 years of transportation/logistics, or relevant sales experience; must posses a valid driver's license with a clean motor vehicle record as per JBH standards.
Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration/Management, Supply Chain Management, Logistics Management, Communication, or related field with 3-4 years working in transportation/logistics, sales, or other relevant experience.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
Ability and willingness to seek out work and the drive to accomplish goals
Ability to analyze customer activities, profiles and information
Ability to develop sales plans that are future-oriented, support business strategy and reflect understanding of emerging, as well as existing, opportunities and markets
Ability to establish and maintain healthy working relationships with clients, vendors, and peers
Demonstrated ability to manage internal relationships and external partnerships
Experience translating data into meaningful insights to close business and build credibility
Knowledge of the activities and responsibilities involved in selling a product or service
Proficiency with Microsoft applications and programs
Understanding of the importance of meeting or exceeding established targets and ability to drive critical activities to completion
Bachelors: Business Administration/Management, Bachelors: Business Communications, Bachelors: Logistics Management, Bachelors: Supply Chain Management, GED (Required), High School (Required)
Customer Service/Account Manager, Marketing, Sales, Transportation/Logistics
Job Opening ID:
00397246 Sales Executive (Open)
“This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.”
J.B. Hunt Transport, Inc. affirms its belief in equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment in all terms and conditions of employment. J.B. Hunt is committed to both the spirit and the letter of affirmative action law and continues its good-faith efforts to comply with all applicable government laws and regulations. The company is committed to basing employment decisions on the principles of equal employment opportunity. J.B. Hunt will recruit, hire, compensate, offer benefits to, upgrade, train, layoff, terminate, and/or promote individuals without discrimination in regards to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a qualified individual with a disability, status as a protected veteran, or other bases by applicable law.
J.B. Hunt Transport, Inc. offers reasonable accommodation in the employment process for individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance in the application process due to a disability, you may request accommodation at any time by calling 1-800-777-4968.