J.B. Hunt Transport Intermodal Management Trainee in Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Job Opening ID:
00242392 Intermodal Management Trainee (Open)
Intermodal Management Trainee
United States of America
Job Description Summary:
What does an Intermodal Management Trainee do?
Our Intermodal Management Trainees receive a unique blend of classroom and hands on instruction, sharpening the skills that move them into full fleet management roles within 3-6 months. This position will support our Intermodal Business Segment giving you hands on experience and exposure to the partnerships we have within the rail networks.
The environment is fast-paced, and you will have the ability to make decisions that matter! This experience will be both rewarding yet challenging, however you will have a management team to help support the enrichment and growth in your career.
Here’s what your day will look like:
· You will learn how to dispatch one or more groups of drivers delivering containers within our Intermodal network.
· Safety is our top priority and we expect our managers to promote our company safety culture by monitoring and training our professional drivers. To effectively do this, you will receive training on compliance and DOT regulations.
· At J.B. Hunt, we have a goal for our drivers to have 100% on-time service. We will ensure this by tracking the drivers progress throughout the day.
· One of our top priorities is the retention of our professional drivers, and you will accomplish this by focusing on the driver’s needs, what their motivations are, and building relationships with each of them.
· You will be responsible for overseeing and managing the maintenance of all equipment.
· You will have other responsibilities and tasks assigned as needed.
What will you get in return?
· This is rare opportunity for you to use your leadership, organizational and supervisory skills to help manage J.B. Hunt’s largest revenue generating business segment.
· You will learn the ins and outs of JB Hunt’s processes and software as you become an expert in the logistics field.
· Real and achievable advancement opportunities within our Intermodal business segment.
· On-going training classes and continuous leadership training to help facilitate your professional growth.
· You will have the opportunity to collaborate with your team to uncover issues that may affect your location or the organization.
· Our drivers are the driving force for our organization and we want to fully understand the challenges that they might face while on the road. To give you a better insight on what their needs entails, you will have the opportunity to ride along with one of our professional drivers.
· You will gain valuable experience and industry knowledge that will help prepare you for the next step in your career.
· Four-year college degree from an accredited educational institution with a preferred GPA of 2.70 or higher, or
· Minimum of 3 years continuous employment with J.B. Hunt demonstrating management potential, or
· Minimum of 3 years recent supervisory experience outside of J.B. Hunt, or
· Military Non-Commissioned Officer with at least 3 years of supervisory experience (i.e., minimum E-4).
· Strong Interpersonal Skills
· Leadership Experience Preferred
· Ability to work in a diverse and often times stressful environment
· Display a positive attitude, with the ability to inspire motivation and confidence
· Excellent communication, problem solving, and decision-making skills
· Ability to display a high level of patience and professionalism in a fast-paced environment
· Must possess strong computer skills, including typing and Microsoft office programs
Driver Management, Rail Operations
Fortune 500 experience. Career Development. Nation-wide opportunities. We are J.B. Hunt.
Our success comes from strategically placing you in the most suitable role. Whether you have a passion for operations, sales, engineering, or information technology, we can jump start your career!
J.B. Hunt Transport, Inc. is no stranger to the transportation logistics industry. From our humble beginnings in 1961, with only five tractors and seven refrigerated trailers, we have evolved into one of the largest transportation logistics companies in North America. We provide safe and reliable transportation services throughout the United States, Canada and Mexico. Our four business segments (Intermodal, Dedicated Contract Services, Truckload, and Integrated Capacity Solutions) allow us to provide customized freight solutions for customers big and small. It's no wonder we have been named one of America's Most Admired Companies by Fortune Magazine.
J.B. Hunt Transport, Inc. is committed to basing employment decisions on the principles of equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, persons with disabilities, protected veterans or other bases by applicable law.
Fortune 500 experience. Career growth opportunities. Nationwide relocation possibilities.
These are just a few things you'll find at J.B. Hunt. Whether you have a passion for operations, sales, engineering or information technology, we can help jumpstart your career with challenging opportunities that will help you reach your maximum potential.
Why J.B. Hunt?
We take our investment in you seriously - our future success depends on you. Be an innovator with a leading transportation company and work alongside some of the brightest minds in the industry. At J.B. Hunt, we strongly believe in promoting from within based on performance and potential, the sky is the limit for your career.
What are we looking for?
We look for high-energy, forward-thinking individuals who are interested in a career with a leader in the transportation industry. We seek exceptional people of diverse backgrounds who have the vision to carry our business forward. J.B. Hunt offers a variety of opportunities spanning across the nation.