J.B. Hunt Transport Regional Logistics Manager in Bloomington, Minnesota
Job Opening ID:
00243293 Regional Logistics Manager (Open)
Regional Logistics Manager
United States of America
Job Description Summary:
Responsible for directly supervising or working in a team lead (non-supervisor) role over a group of Integrated Capacity Solutions (ICS) broker, customer service, and/or support personnel. Works under general supervision.
· Guides or directly supervises employees to effectively identify capacity with partner carriers and cover freight needs for customers in a profitable manner.
· May guide or manage sales employees to effectively identify freight/logistics needs from customers and sell/provide solutions to those customers, driving optimal revenue and optimal profitability. Maintain daily report with all newly approved carriers.
· May guide or manage customer service and support personnel to ensure excellent customer service and support, ensuring proper customer and partner carrier retention.
· Trains and develops subordinates or others on team.
· Manage, execute and train employees on spot quote/price process for their branch.
· Markets, services and promotes JBHT's transportation products and services.
· Builds freight volume from existing customers.
· Maintain and build effective relationships with customers.
· Develop and manage a network of outside carriers to ensure adequate capacity for their assigned market.
· Negotiate with carriers to meet margin requirements and ensure maximum profitability.
· Ensure customer satisfaction and adequate service levels where freight is picked up and delivered using safe, reliable carriers.
· Manage all freight in transit by obtaining adequate updates from carriers/drivers to monitor movement and ensure on time delivery.
· Meets or exceeds margin and revenue goals for their assigned branch.
· Position requires full-time attendance.
· Two to four-year degree from an accredited university and at least 18 months of transportation/brokerage experience and/or training; or, at least 24 months of transportation/brokerage experience and/or training.
Fortune 500 experience. Career Development. Nation-wide opportunities. We are J.B. Hunt.
Our success comes from strategically placing you in the most suitable role. Whether you have a passion for operations, sales, engineering, or information technology, we can jump start your career!
J.B. Hunt Transport, Inc. is no stranger to the transportation logistics industry. From our humble beginnings in 1961, with only five tractors and seven refrigerated trailers, we have evolved into one of the largest transportation logistics companies in North America. We provide safe and reliable transportation services throughout the United States, Canada and Mexico. Our four business segments (Intermodal, Dedicated Contract Services, Truckload, and Integrated Capacity Solutions) allow us to provide customized freight solutions for customers big and small. It's no wonder we have been named one of America's Most Admired Companies by Fortune Magazine.
J.B. Hunt Transport, Inc. is committed to basing employment decisions on the principles of equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, persons with disabilities, protected veterans or other bases by applicable law.
Fortune 500 experience. Career growth opportunities. Nationwide relocation possibilities.
These are just a few things you'll find at J.B. Hunt. Whether you have a passion for operations, sales, engineering or information technology, we can help jumpstart your career with challenging opportunities that will help you reach your maximum potential.
Why J.B. Hunt?
We take our investment in you seriously - our future success depends on you. Be an innovator with a leading transportation company and work alongside some of the brightest minds in the industry. At J.B. Hunt, we strongly believe in promoting from within based on performance and potential, the sky is the limit for your career.
What are we looking for?
We look for high-energy, forward-thinking individuals who are interested in a career with a leader in the transportation industry. We seek exceptional people of diverse backgrounds who have the vision to carry our business forward. J.B. Hunt offers a variety of opportunities spanning across the nation.